Ingredients for a Happy Homeschool (IHH) #1

     I've been reading the Phases of Learning by the Demilles, and they have 55 ingredients for the Core and Love of Learning Phases (for younger children). I figured I'd post our ingredients for a happy homeschool- including some ideas from them and some just from us :)

     #1 (these ingredients are not in any order, I just started taking pictures of things we do), observing nature, inside. We found a branch from a fallen trees that still had buds on it, so I brought it home and put it in water. It's opening to leaves now! Would you call that blooming? I'll have to look that one up. Then we decided to watch decomposition, for as long as it takes to decompose completely. I've never watched this before, have you? I usually throw things away quickly if mold appears, but this has been pretty fascinating, especially since we can look at it without smelling it. Next time we'll have to take more pictures and write our findings down, like how long it takes, what types of mold we see etc. This time, we're just observing and talking about how neat it is once you get over the "grossness" of it all...

We saw a mushroom on our nature walk today, which led to watching the coolest fungi show on Netflix, and looked at this "loveliness" again. Thanks fungi, for making our world better in many ways. 

Comments

Popular Posts